Make sure your delivery goes smoothly with our delivery checklist
What you should expect from a white glove delivery or standard delivery and why it’s important to check first, rather than find out later.
When you are shopping for appliances, the final steps will inevitably be to arrange either pickup or delivery. Although what seems to be a minor detail, can ultimately lead to a major issue and even potentially a dissatisfied customer.
We offer two kinds of delivery, standard drop off delivery and our white glove delivery. White glove delivery is only available within a certain distance from our showroom and is our go-to delivery option when available. Our second delivery method is our standard drop off delivery. Below we will discuss what these entail and what you can do to make sure your delivery goes smoothly.
Standard Drop Off Delivery
This option is only used when orders are placed outside of our delivery area. We use a common freight carrier for the delivery. This option does come with some drawbacks. The standard procedure is the truck shows up, unloads your appliances and goes as far as your doorstep or into the garage. You have to understand that the driver is not insured to enter your home and will under no circumstances bring a delivery further than the garage if it is available.
The second drawback is the delivery time. You can request a day for delivery, however, due to uncontrollable circumstances or delays delivery time can sometimes be delayed a day.
White Glove Delivery
When you are offered white glove delivery, no matter where you are shopping, make sure the following is offered.
- Delivery to the proper room of your house
- Removal of all packaging
- Setup of the appliance
- Removal of the old appliances
Whenever possible we offer our white glove delivery. However, there are limitations and it is up to you to make sure your sales rep gets all the details prior to delivery so there are no surprises on the day of. Otherwise, your delivery may not go as planned.
- Disclose all stairs to the desired location. It may not be possible to move large appliances up or down stairs especially if there is a turn. If you are on the second story or higher, we need to know.
- Arrange for a licensed gas fitter. Although we can install most appliances, you always need a licensed gas fitter to connect any gas appliance.
- Ensure the path to the location is clear and wide enough to handle the appliances. Doorways are not always suitable for a 36″ refrigerator or larger range.
- Make sure outside walkways are clear. Especially in the winter time.
- Have parking available as close as possible. For most homes, this is not an issue but in the major cities, parking can be a premium.
- If you are in a condo, make sure you service elevator is booked for the appropriate times for delivery.
- Inspect every item before signing off on delivery. Make sure it is in working order. If you sign off on a damaged appliance, even if the damage was there prior to delivery, we may not be able to help you out.
Things to consider
If there are any major surprises not disclosed to the sales rep at the time of purchase, or our delivery team does feel they can safely move the appliances without damaging either your home or the appliance themselves, at their discretion they can refuse to move the appliances.
The more we know ahead of time, the more we can plan for. We are always willing to work with you, but we need to know ahead of time.
Disconnect your old appliances
It is up to the homeowner to disconnect any and all appliances that you wish to be removed. Our delivery team will not be responsible for disconnecting laundry or other appliances. In some cases when this service is requested, there is an additional cost.
Report Damaged Appliances
This is very important. Whether you are getting white glove delivery or standard freight drop off. Inspect and report any damages within 24 hours of delivery. Failing to do so may result in us not being able to resolve the issue.
Send us a message or give us a call, we are always happy to answer any questions you may have.